If students require an extension to submit an assignment, which has a different due date than the unit cohort, they can be granted Special Access. Students granted special access will see their individual due dates within their CloudDeakin view. Special Access can be granted to an individual student, a section, or a group.
Note: If Special Access is granted to one or more Students within a CloudDeakin site assignment folder or quiz, Unit Staff will see numerous dates within the Calendar widget of their CloudDeakin site; this is expected functionality, however each student with Special Access will only see their updated and relevant due date for an assignment or quiz.
- From within your CloudDeakin site, select Assessment from the top navigation bar, then select Assignments.
- Select the Assignment for which Special Access is required, by selecting the down arrow next the the assignment name and select Edit Assignment from the drop down menu.
- Navigate to the the Availability Dates & Conditions area:
4. Scroll down and select the Manage Special Access button (a new page opens up):
5. Select Add Users to Special Access
6. In the Users section, locate the students requiring Special Access, and tick the checkbox to the left of their name:
7. In the Properties section, set the new Due Date that applies to the selected students:
8. Select the Save button. This has added those students to a Special Access list.
9. The students with Special Access will now be listed below the Add Users to Special Access button:
Note: Ensure that the option Allow users with special access to submit outside the normal availability dates for this folder is selected. This allows all students, including students with special access to access the assignment folder.
10. Select the Save and Close button.