- October 22, 2020
- Thursday, 10AM to 11AM
Contact event manager
This is a getting-started introductory session to teaching in the cloud using Bb Collaborate Ultra. Bb Collaborate Ultra is a cloud based synchronous learning tool used for collaborating, communicating and connecting with students in real-time. This session is appropriate for teaching staff who are new to teaching in the cloud and new to this tool.
By completing this session, staff should be able to:
- Identify uses of Bb Collaborate Ultra to support teaching and learning
- Use the basic features of Bb Collaborate Ultra such as audio, chat, whiteboard, polling and application share
- Record a Bb Collaborate Ultra session and access recording
- Setup and communicate a Bb Collaborate Ultra session
- Set up physical space, computer, mics and Internet conducive to delivering a cloud session
- Troubleshoot common issues and know where to get help.
This session will be conducted online using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
Facilitators will be in the session 15mins prior to the start of the session.
BEFORE the session
***Staff participants must set up their computer with Internet connection, obtain a microphone headset, and go through Bb Collaborate audio setup test to participate online. ***
- You will require a web enabled computer, latest browsers, webcam and microphone USB headset to talk and listen.
- Install the latest browsers Chrome v52+ with appropriate Chrome desktop sharing plugin to fully participate.
- If you are presenting/facilitating a session, your computer should NOT be using Wifi but instead using cabled Internet for better experience. You should turn-off Wifi on your computer so it is defaulted to cable Internet.
- In order to participate in a Bb Collaborate Ultra session, you will need to ensure your computer and other hardware are set up correctly. It is highly recommended you follow these instructions – Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Setup Guidelines – Setup info for first time users(half way down the page) before the start of your session to ensure any issues are resolved.
- It will take a few minutes to load the first time you log in. Accept any pop-up warnings/prompts that appear.