- July 9, 2020
- Thursday, 10AM to 11AM
Contact event manager
This session builds upon the introductory session and focuses on designing and delivering an engaging and interactive cloud session using Bb Collaborate Ultra. This session is appropriate for teaching staff who have completed the introductory session, regular users of the tool and or are seeking ideas to enhance their cloud synchronous teaching using this tool.
By completing this session, staff should be able to:
- Master key interactive features of Bb Collaborate Ultra such as participant window, audio, chat, whiteboard, polling and application share
- Identify good practice examples of using Bb Collaborate Ultra to support active learning
- Design interactive and engaging strategies into their cloud classroom session
- Use the breakout rooms feature to engage, interact and manage groups
- Troubleshoot common issues, know where to get help and support.
This session will be conducted online using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
Facilitators will be in the session 15mins prior to the start of the session.
BEFORE the session
***Staff participants must set up their computer with an Internet connection, obtain a microphone headset, and go through Bb Collaborate audio setup test to participate online. ***
- You will require a web enabled computer, latest browsers, webcam and microphone USB headset to talk and listen.
- Install the latest browsers Chrome v52+ with appropriate Chrome desktop sharing plugin to fully participate.
- If you are presenting/facilitating a session, your computer should NOT be using Wifi but instead using cabled Internet for better experience. You should turn-off Wifi on your computer so it is defaulted to cable Internet.
- In order to participate in a Bb Collaborate Ultra session, you will need to ensure your computer and other hardware are set up correctly. It is highly recommended you follow these instructions – Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Setup Guidelines – Setup info for first time users(half way down the page) before the start of your session to ensure any issues are resolved.
- It will take a few minutes to load the first time you log in. Accept any pop-up warnings/prompts that appear.