- Mtg Room lb5.201 LB Level 5
- March 9, 2020
- Monday, 2PM to 3PM
Contact event manager
This session introduces staff to the design of an outcome-focused analytical rubric for the purpose of assessing learning outcomes. Participants are provided with an overview of how to create an outcome-focused marking rubric, how it supports Assurance of Learning (AoL) process and how to deal with the challenges that comes with it.
* This session is suited for academics who are new to rubrics, requires a refresher and/or designing a new rubric from scratch.
By completing this session you will be able to:
- Design outcome-focused marking rubrics using a systematic approach
- Articulate key elements of marking rubric design
- Write criteria
- Write descriptors
- Write varying levels of descriptors
- Provide useful feedback
- Evaluate if your marking rubric design has been successful
- Self-evaluate the effectiveness of the outcome-focused rubric.
Please bring your laptop for this session.