- November 11, 2020
- Wednesday, 10AM to 11AM
Contact event manager
This is a getting-started introductory session to teaching in the cloud using Zoom. Zoom is a cloud based synchronous learning tool used for collaborating, communicating and connecting with students in real-time. This session is appropriate for teaching staff who are new to teaching in the cloud and new to this tool.
By completing this session, staff should be able to:
- Use the basic features of Zoom such as audio, chat, whiteboard, polling and screen/application share
- Record a zoom session and access recording
- Set up physical space, computer, mics and Internet conducive to delivering a cloud session
This session will be conducted online using Zoom.
Facilitators will be in the session 15mins prior to the start of the session.
BEFORE the session
***Staff participants must set up their computer with Internet connection, obtain a microphone headset, and go through Zoom audio setup test to participate online. ***
- You will require a webcam and microphone USB headset to talk and listen.
- In order to participate in a Zoom session, you will need to ensure your computer and other hardware are set up correctly.
- Please refer to: Zoom Account setup guidelines