- October 8, 2019
- Tuesday, 10AM to 12PM
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
CloudDeakin is Deakin University’s cloud learning environment. CloudDeakin incorporates a range of applications and educational technologies to enable interactive and engaging learning. This is a practical session where participants will engage in hands-on design and set up of a unit site as well as gain ideas to effectively use appropriate tools to support their teaching in the cloud environment.
By completing this session, staff should be able to:
- Use DeakinSync to access CloudDeakin unit and course sites.
- Incorporate the Faculty CloudDeakin unit site minimum standards into unit design.
- Design, build and manage learning resources in CloudDeakin. Tools include: Learning Resources, HTML editor with stylesheets, embedding media and using templates.
- Communicate, collaborate, and engage effectively online. Tools include: video post widget, news items, classlist, discussion forum and topics, calendar, intelligent agents, FAQs, user progress, attendance, selective release, groups tool, class management tool and more.
- Manage assessment and provide feedback online. Tools include: quizzes, assignment submission dropboxes, feedback, rubrics, grades, Turnitin and video/audio tools.
- Understand how other CloudDeakin technologies work: DeakinVideo, DeakinAir, Cloud Synchronous Classroom tool, Reading List (eReadings), Talis Aspire and WordPress.
- Know where to get help and support.
- Faculty of Business and Law CloudDeakin Minimum Standards (pdf)
- Giving Audio-Video Feedback for Assessment Tasks
- Deakin Digital Asset Bank Management System (Deakin login required. Junos Pulse required off-site)
- Image usage on websites and Copyright
Please bring your laptop for the session
Location – LB5.208 OR *VMP BL 4 39325