About Learning Innovations
Building Capacity for Enhanced Learning (BCEL) – Learning Innovations work with academic staff in the Deakin Business School and Deakin Law School, and across Departments, courses and unit teams to help drive the digital frontier and learning innovations by developing personalised, engaging, relevant and quality curricula, whether in the cloud or in location, that prepares graduates for employability. The focus in this endeavour is having a student centred approach in our design of active and engaging learning experiences that is aimed at improving student learning outcomes.
Learning Innovations work collaboratively across faculty groups and central teaching and learning groups such as Deakin Learning Futures, DeakinTalent, Library, Language and Academic Peer Support and eSolutions to ensure that our strategic agenda is aligned to that of the University. At the highest level, Learning Innovations is focused on delivering on the Deakin promise for learning to offer “brilliant education where you are and where you want to go.”
- Manage the Faculty’s Building Capacity for Enhanced Learning (BCEL) program via structured and customised programs, workshops and sessions to small and large groups.
- Manage new academic staff teaching and learning orientation and sessional academic staff professional development program.
- Provide capacity building support including the design and development assessment, feedback literacy, rubric design, and design and development for active learning strategies in the classroom and cloud.
- Contribute to the development of quality assurance standards and resources for cloud, campus and blended learning communicating these to academics, unit teams, and associated design teams.
- Capture and disseminate good teaching and learning practices through the BCEL website, newsletter and other channels as appropriate.
- Provide just-in-time and drop-in support on all three campuses as well as on the phone, virtually on a one-on-one basis, in a timely fashion as, and when, particular developmental needs arise.
- Provide strategic and operational support for curricula uplift and course launch and renewal such as CloudFirst, micro-credentials, academic integrity, inclusive practices and others as the need arise.
- Create engaging and inspiring learning resources with range of digital technologies.
- Lead, manage and support the digital learning eco-system for the faculty, course and unit team operations including preparation for CloudDeakin and associated Deakin supported digital technologies.
- Evaluate and support new and emerging digital learning technologies as appropriate to the discipline.
- Manage the Business and Law Education Research at Deakin (BLER@D) group to promote a scholarly approach to learning and teaching.
- Representation on appropriate teaching and learning university committees, working parties and groups.